Is your dog as happy as you?
Updated: Dec 17, 2018
In general, a happy dog will have relaxed body language.
These are some of the physical signs of a happy dog:
· A tail wag that involves whole-body wiggles, or at least a relaxed body.
· A soft, partially open mouth
· Making a “play bow,” with their rear in the air and chest lowered to the ground
· Ears that are relaxed
· Overall relaxed posture, with a raised head, relaxed tail
· Rolling over to show their belly
· Happy dogs are generally not destructive. Destructive behaviour can be a sign of stress.
· They’re excited to see you when you walk in the door.
· They have a healthy appetite, which indicates feeling physically well and emotionally content. (Changes in appetite are one of the first signs of potential illness or unhappiness.)
The best way to keep a dog happy is to simply provide for their physical, intellectual, and emotional needs.